Thursday, February 4, 2021

A step back in time...

This was such a fun project... This machine has a lot of history. It was originally built in the early '70's by Scott Doty and some others... Then Gary Wills of Pioneer Sign & Custom lettered and striped it. When Scott decided it was time to settle down and start a family, he sold it in the early '80's. Now fast forward to a few years ago. Scott had the chance to buy it back from the man that he sold it to. Another year or 2 later, I meet Scott at a car swap meet in Monroe...
I had the great pleasure of re-lettering the machine... just like Gary did it. I took patterns off the old sheet metal and replicated his work. It felt like I was working for him again. When I worked at Pioneer, Gary would layout the lettering and tell me what colors to use. He had done the layout and color choice 45 years ago. I am soooo thankful for the people that God puts in my life... over the past 43 years, He has assembled quite a cast of characters to provide the skills and contacts that I have needed to provide for my family. I'm very thankful that Scott Doty had me work on this piece of history. By the way... that's a 1,500 horsepower, Super Charged, Big Block Chevy running alcohol... I love my work!











 

No comments: