Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Parade toy... (a little Astro)

This is what I started with, the engine was shot with no available parts, so it needed a new drive train installed.
 First I stretched the frame...
 Then I made the shape of the van...
 I'm getting closer...
 Started paint...
 Flames. :)
 Kind of looks familiar...
 I think I nailed it! :)
Here's the final pay off...
 

 
I ended up using a 6.75 HP Briggs and Stratton electric start engine off a self propelled lawn mower. Then I got a hydro transaxle out of a little lawn tractor, I don't even know what brand. I only wanted this project for parades, and I figured a hydro was the way to go, infinite speed, reverse, and brakes all in one lever... I also installed a small alternator to keep the battery charged.

I plan on putting a few horns and some strobe lights for parades... :)

Everything fit in perfect. I was so surprised how smoothly it went.

She runs at a brisk walking pace. It's almost hard to keep up with it without jogging.

The first parade is this Saturday, my son Eli can't wait. :)

More later,
Kurt

No comments: